Instructor: Els van Baarle
The supply list has been provided by the instructor. If you have any questions, please contact the instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Batik and printing, making contemporary fabric
- a variety of natural white fabrics, cotton, silk etc.everything washed and ironed,
- part of the fabrics soda soaked, 9 tbl. spoons soda ash, one gallon water. Mark this fabric!
- piece of fabric, not too thin, natural color as a background for a scroll. size app. 20 cm x 150 cm
- one work from your closet that needs “repair”
- A good working electric frying pan, thermostatically controlled. 3 or 4 people can work with one pot.
- brushes, large and small for the dyes
- brushes , natural hair (cheap) for the wax, different sizes. Try to find the flat brushes like from Dharma
- foamroller 5 cm wide
- 2 paper plates
- some plastic containers for dyes and paints,
- a soft piece of fabric to make a printing area on your table
- plastic for batching between dyed pieces
- plastic gloves
- roll of paper towels and some rags
- scissors for paper and fabric
- roll of tesa-crepe tape
- some stamps of your own collection, or things from the kitchen you can use for printing. or with wax. (found objects)
- if you have, thermofax screens of your own collection,
- paper to take notes, permanent marker
- a variety of paper, A 4 is o.k. handmade, watercolor, copy, paper napkins etc.
- basic material for ( hand )sewing.
- small piece of wonder under
- glue, gluestick
- Old newspapers( app.. 4 weeks old) for ironing out the wax.
In the classroom
- Two buckets
- Clotheslines and clothes -pegs
- 2 irons and ironing board
- Plastic for on the tables and floor
- extension cords
There will be a class fee for, dyes, chemicals, paints etc. payable to Els, app. $ 35